Vaastu takes into account not only the way your house is constructed, but also several other aspects, such as health, astrology and numerology. Vastu of your house can impact your health directly. There are certain important points which should be considered while constructing your house as per the principles of Vastu:
Our life and environment are one. Therefore, wherever we live greatly influences our body. If we live in an environment that radiates ill health, then medicine alone cannot be of much help. This is also supported by research which states that most illnesses are psychosomatic.
- Vaastu links the health and illness with the placement of kitchen, toilets and bedrooms in inappropriate directions in our house. If the kitchen is not located in the fire zone, i.e. south-east the occupants are vulnerable to health disorders. Lighting a candle in the fire zone daily becomes as important for good health as sleeping with your head aligned towards the south.
- The center of the house, workplace as well as that of each and every room is very important as it is connected with health and is considered to be the heart of the house or workplace. This is the meeting point of all the energies from different directions. If you or any of your family members face health problems, check the Brahmasthan and observe certain precautions and particularly observe the vastu defects at house. Brahmasthan should not be depressed. Heavy objects, wells, lifts, stairs and toilets are totally prohibited in the Brahmasthan. If it is depressed or there is a pit or it is insanity amongst the inmates. A well in the Brahmasthan may lead to health problems for the house owner and affect the prosperity. You can have the living room / hall, in the Brahmasthan. It is essential to keep the central area or the Brahmasthan clear of all heavy concrete structures. Hang a beautiful crystal chandelier in the central area, preferably with five bulbs. Installation of a reike charged crystal grid in the Brahmasthan keeps the whole house energized.
- Having a toilet in the NE exhaust the positivity of the North East, therefore whatever positive energy is received from the Nrth, East and the NE is flushed away in the toilet, before it is distributed in the house. Lack of positivity and lack of solar energy enhances the risk of illness for the people staying in the house.
- Having a overhead tank in the North East also triggers a lot of health issues for the male members of the house.
- Avoid sleeping with head in the North: In fact only a dead body is kept with the head in the North and the feet pointing towards the South. The head represents the North pole of the body while the feet are the South pole of the body. When you sleep with your head to the North, these two positive polarities repel each other, disrupting the flow of blood and affecting your sleep and health. Hence one should never sleep with the head in the North. The positive energy that is received from the NE, North is excellent for your life but not good for sleep. If you sleep with your head in the North you might suffer from insomnia, lack of confidence etc.
- However, Vastu allows sleeping with the head in three directions. The effects of sleeping with the head in different directions is described below:
Head in the East: East is the direction of knowledge and enlightenment. Sleeping with the head in the East increases knowledge and increases a liking for spiritualism. For this reason, children should always sleep with their head in the east.
Head in the West: Sleeping with one’s head in the West is good for people who do not permanently reside in the house, like guests and married daughters, in their parents’ house. However, head in the West should be avoided.
Head in the South: South is the best direction for sleeping, as it is considered as the direction of dead. Therefore it is imperative to sleep like dead to rejuvenate and get up fresh the next day. Sleeping with one’s head in the South brings happiness and sound sleep and it also enhances ones confidence.
- Never put a mirror in front of bed, cover it while sleeping to avoid bad dreams. Avoid or minimize the usage of T.V or computer in bedrooms, as the energy level of the room will get destroyed by the radiation emitted.
- Pregnant ladies should not sleep in northeast room to avoid any miscarriage or abortion.
- Open or use north & eastern window much rather than southwestern windows for health happiness & harmony in the family.
- Never sleep on metal beds (wrought Iron) to avoid any health problem related to Heart & Brain.
- As per Vastu having a staircase at the exact center of the house would lead to health problems. Avoid keeping heavy furniture in the center. Ensure there are no overhead beams, pillars or wall through the center.
- Another major cause of concern could be defects in the East & South East directions. Never keep your shoe rack in the East as it will generate a lot of health issues.
- If your house faces South with a slope towards that directions, or if the heavy machinery or generator room is in the North-east, or the underground water tank is in South-east Agni, the health problems will increase. As a cure please keep the door closed always and have a heavy wooden door so that the view of the road is blocked. The boundary wall should be as high as the gate. Plants can be grown close to the gate.
- Having a lake or underground water sources can be a cause of fatal diseases in the house.